Easy Arizona Salsa

I got the recipe from an Arizona friend. People in Arizona just know Mexican food a little bit better than people else where - some of the best Mexican food I ever had was in Phoenix.



Anyway, the thing that makes this Salsa different, is that it's partially cooked - and that makes it smoother and tastier in my opinion. My  husband also really likes it and that says something because he doesn't like the 100% raw salsas - this one is more like store bought - but cheaper because you make it yourself.

It could last up to 10 days in the refrigerator... but it won't last that long because if there is a bag of tortilla chips nearby - it will be devoured quickly!



Easy Arizona Salsa
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 bunch (handful) fresh cilantro leaves (aka coriander)
1 medium onion, peeled
1 medium green bell pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-3 teaspoons garlic salt (or 1 Tablespoon garlic powder + 1/4 teaspoon salt)
red pepper flakes to taste (Sambal to taste)

Directions:
In a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade, blend till smooth the chopped tomatoes and cilantro. In a frying pan, fry up sliced onion and bell pepper in olive oil just till translucent - not brown. Add the softened onion and bell pepper slices to the blender and blend together with the tomato mixture till smooth. Add garlic salt and red pepper flakes to taste. (I put the other ingredients in parentheses because we don't have garlic salt or red pepper flakes in the Netherlands - at least I heard you could buy red pepper flakes at the Moroccan market but I didn't go out of my way to look for any)

Now, dip your chips in and enjoy or serve with taco's, burritos and enchiladas. I used this salsa with my Chickpea Burritos last night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)