Muffin-top Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies



Quite some time ago - in 2010 to be precise I did a blogpost about some favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that my brother makes - and they are really good - like really, really good. But, since then I haven't baked cookies in a while - I've been mainly doing healthy stuff and sweet rolls when I get the chance, and every once in a while I do make some oldie but goodies - favorite family recipes - but since going healthier - I like to re-vamp the oldie but goodies using healthier ingredients like 100% organic coconut cooking cream (oil), and honey or apple syrup or raw sugar and less of it than is normally called for in most recipes. And I've been cooking with fresh ground whole wheat and stuff like that. So, yesterday I got in one of the moods and that's what I done! I re-vamped my brother's cookies.  And not only that - I'm not even sure he is still a "Sargeant" - he might be a something up from that?

Okay, because I made changes to the recipe - the texture of the cookies changed dramatically. They are more like cake-y so I call them Muffin-top - you know like that Seinfeld episode where Elaine is talking about opening up a Muffin top shop and then her boss goes and beats her to it. Top o the muffin to ya! Classic - I loved it.

I eye-balled some of the ingredients so that's why I used some approximate amounts below.

Muffin-top Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies

225 grams 100% organic coconut cooking cream
1/2 to 3/4 cup raw sugar
1/3 to 1/2 cup apple syrup (appelstroop)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups fresh ground whole/peeled wheat
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
75 grams pure chocolate, chopped fine

Preheat oven to 165-C degrees. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper. In a food processor fitted with metal blade - beat coconut oil and sugar and syrup. Add in egg and extracts - continue mixing. Add flour, baking agents and spices. Mix. Add oats. Mix. Add chocolate and mix well. Spoon generous amount onto cookie sheets and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.

 Dip in cold milk (optional) and not optional: share with friends!
Makes 20 cookies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)