More Punk Baby Names

You know I'm one of those people that likes to make lists. And one of my favorite things to make lists of - is names... baby names lists.


Okay, I've been thinking back to some of my old lists from high school... there are some more "out there" names on the list... I guess you could say, they are more punk.


GIRL
Zeegus (First saw it on a list in the temple... but I never really knew how to pronounce it... or where is comes from - Dutch maybe?)
Shelby (It's a rad car... a unisex name; I like it better for a girl... only problem with this name... it reminds me of this song - "she'll be coming around the mountain when she comes" - she'll be sounds like shelby - see the problem?)
Belly (Just because - it's cuter than Belle)
Olive (Just because - it's cuter than Olivia)


BOY
Moby (Why I liked it - Moby...still like it)
Trekiev (Why I liked it - sounds Russian... Why I stopped liking it - sounds like trachea)
Kelso (Not because of that 70's show... but because there was this really hot guy in my psychology class that I almost sort of stalked - and this was his last name)


Okay, I have also checked out my list of friends on FB and I will tell you which ones are the most unique sounding... and I will also share with you the most common names... 


GIRL
Anja
Camarie (a variation of the ever popular Marie)
Celeste (so heavenly - she's my cousin)
Crystalyn
Fabianna (sounds fabulous)
Gaelle (even better than Belle - that's pronounced guy-elle)
Galadriel (her mom was a big fan of Tolkien)
Genei Simone (BFF)
Ginger (come on - who doesn't like ginger?!)
Hafida (I recognize that this might be common in a country like Morocco - but it's not in America)
KaeCie Rae
Kendall
Lluvia (Spanish - means rain)
Lolly (much better than Dolly -which every little girl names their first Doll [Nickname though: I think her actual name is Lauralene])
Monterey/Monti (These are two different people I know)
Ratna (she's Asian - so yeah!)
Roisin (Irish - and very pretty when you know how to pronounce it)
Shante
Shealyn (my BBS)
Tenisha
Wonjeong (we called her Joe - those Koreans know how to pronounce that one)




BOY
Aury
Britton
Eef
Felix




As there are not that many uncommon guy names, I shall list some cool last names that could make cool first names:


Beck (Now that's cool!)
Corwin (Kinda like Corbin)
Deza (Sounds feminine - like Daisy)
Hug (Yes, this is a last name - but why not a first - I mean, some people name their kid Happy - so why not Hug? It could be a variation of Hugh!)
Jarema
Kimball
Ricker
Zang (Yes!)


And finally - the most common names of my FB friends:
Rachel and Michelle. So, consider something else if you want your kids not to have the name of an aunt or Mom's best friend!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)