Fudge and Marshmallow Topped Cookies


I bought this small recipe magazine at the checkout by my local grocery store back in 2003. It’s by Gold Medal (flour). This is another thing I miss about living in the U.S. I miss those cute little recipe books that you can thumb through while waiting your turn to check out. This book has lots of festive ideas for the holidays. I’ve made this one a few times. I’ve been thinking, I could easily top any of my favorite cookies with this marshmallow and fudge frosting... maybe even cupcakes... and sweet rolls! I think it would go fantastic with PB Criss Cross cookies or pumpkin chocolate chip cookies or Snickerdoodles! Gold Medal uses cocoa cookies - I made mine with a pumpkin variation of this recipe - adapted... I think I just used 3/4 cup pumpkin puree in place of the butter and 2 extra tablespoons flour in place of the cocoa. I put some cinnamon in as well - about 1/2 teaspoon I think and that worked pretty good. This is also one of those recipes that the kids can help out with... my kids love marshmallows.


Fudge and Marshmallow Topped Cocoa Cookies
(Gold Medal No. 45 Holiday)
Makes about 3 dozen cookies

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
36 large marshmallows
Fudge Frosting (recipe below)
Candy sprinkles, if desired

1. Heat oven to 375-F. Beat 3/4 cup sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
2. Shape dough by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls into 3/4-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with greased bottom of glass dipped in 2 tablespoons sugar.
3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set. Immediately top each cookies with 1 marshmallow. Return to oven; bake 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are softened. Lightly press each marshmallow to flatten slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire wrack; cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile make Fudge Frosting.
4. Swirl about 1 tablespoon Fudge Frosting on top of each cookie. Top with candy sprinkles. Let stand until frosting is set.

Fudge Frosting

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup milk
1 bag (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate (1 cup)
1 to 2 tablespoons water

Cook sugar, butter and milk in 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat stirring occasionally, until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Slowly stir in enough water until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Frosting sets up quickly, so thin as necessary with additional water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)