The Best Cinnamon Rolls with Shiny Sweet Glaze

These are real easy to make if you have a bread maker to make the dough. I suggest getting one. Some people don't like bread from the bread maker as I discovered yesterday while chatting with a friend. I said to her - you can just let the machine make the dough and then bake it in the oven - that way you still get that classic bread-loaf shape - or so you can make cinnamon rolls and other happy treats like this one - that comes from one of my most favorite cookbooks - Make a Mix. I got this book from the DI thriftstore in Delta for like 50 cents. You can't beat that. It's an old book written by some Mormon ladies. And these recipes are tried and tested on big families I bet. These are really good. I've made them lots of times but this time was my first time making them vegan without the eggs and dairy milk. I think they turned out awesome - just goes to show you don't really need eggs at all.
The recipe - I put it here without permissions - well - because it has been altered - so in a way it's a whole new recipe :-) Okay, technically it's not Vegan because of the milk powder in the HOT ROLL MIX. If I get around to it, I'll try buying some soy milk creamer powder - if that exists and then I'll try and really make it Vegan. But for now, here is what I did.
Combined in breadmaker bowl 1 T active dry yeast and 1 - 1/2 cups lukewarm water. Let that sit for a bit to get all bubbly. Then I added 1/2 cup applesauce (to replace 2 eggs). Then I added 1/2 cup sunflower oil, then I added 5 cups HOT ROLL MIX. Then I set in the machine and put it on dough cycle. In the meantime, to make cinnamon sprinkle, I used 2 to 3 tablespoons vegan soft margarine, melted; 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 1 - 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup sliced almonds. (I always leave out the raisins - b/c I don't care for raisins in my rolls, but if you like them then add 1/2 cup raisins). Then the sweet glaze is made with 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted and 1/4 tsp vanilla and about 2 tablespoons soy milk. After the dough is done, roll out dough to 12"x24" rectangle. Spread generously with Cinnamon Sprinkle. Then Roll dough up like jelly roll and cut with sharp knife into 24 rolls. Place rolls on prepared baking sheets (I used baking paper - this makes for easier cleanup) And let rise in warm place (I put them in the oven on the lowest setting about 50-C degrees for about 30 minutes) Then bake at 375-F or 190-C for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush sweet glaze or drizzle with glaze while rolls are still warm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)